Recital Information 2022
Recital is near! If you need tights or shoes, please check in the office ASAP. Ask your teachers how they want hair and costumes for recital. Rehearsal and recital times are included at the bottom of this page. Registration for Fall classes will be Tuesday, July 19, 2022,
and classes begin Monday, August 1, 2022.
We need everyone who is in recital to be at all rehearsals if possible. Below are a few notes:
- Hang up costumes ASAP so that wrinkles can fall out.
- Write your name on bags, costumes, tights, and shoes (everything but your child!).
- Please be on time for rehearsal and recital. Be dressed and ready to go.
- Please wear dancewear and appropriate shoes for all rehearsals and recital. Hair should also be pulled back.
- No panties under tights. (Tracy has tights for purchase if needed)
- No jewelry (except small earrings); no fingernail polish, no chewing gum; and please no temporary tattoos.
- Little girls need to wear a little blush and lipstick. Please no heavy makeup for them.
- Those of you who have danced for at least 5 years and have tiaras, please wear those during your dances to signify your dedication to dance.
- Assistants and teachers will change shoes and skirts for younger children.
- NO ONE except dancers (next group up) and teachers will be allowed in the stage access area.
- Absolutely NO boys or men in the girls' dressing area!
- Absolutely NO food or drinks will be allowed in the lobby, auditorium, or dressing area. There is a designated eating area; however, if utilized, everyone is responsible for their own cleanup after use.
- Please do NOT allow children to run in the aisles of the auditorium or stand in the seats. They should also NOT be allowed to roam unescorted in the building.
- The recital fee you paid covers the expenses of recital and means there is no admission fee at the door.
- Please remember there is NO reserved seating in the auditorium. We will have a designated area roped off in the front as we have in the past for one parent to video their child on stage dancing. Then that group of parents will rotate out for the next group to have the same opportunity to video their children's performances.
- Special recognition of our milestones will be announced at the beginning of the show.
- Flowers may be given during bows at either the first or second half finale.
- Please remember to support our photographer, Kayla Schoen, who is providing us with the opportunity for professional photographs of our dancers this year on Friday, June 3rd, at GodWhy Church. She will be set up at 3:30pm.
|REHEARSAL AND RECITAL SCHEDULE:
|Tuesday, May 31, at JUMP FOR JOY DANCE STUDIO
|5:30 to Finish||First Half Show
|Wednesday, June 1, at JUMP FOR JOY DANCE STUDIO
|5:30 to Finish||Second Half Show and Opening
|Thursday, June 2, at GODWHY CHURCH, 100 GODWHY CT, HENDERSONVILLE
|5:30 to 6:30||First Half Show
|6:30 to 7:00||Presentation of Certificates (All Dancers)
|7:00 to Finish||Second Half Show
|Friday, June 3, DRESS REHEARSAL at GODWHY CHURCH, 100 GODWHY CT, HENDERSONVILLE
|3:30 to Finish||Photographs
|5:30 to 6:30||First Half Show
|6:30 to 7:30||Second Half How
|Saturday, June 4, RECITAL at GODWHY CHURCH, 100 GODWHY CT, HENDERSONVILLE
|1:00 to Finish||Recital (Be at least 30 minutes early, dressed, and ready to dance.)
Thank you again for your support. This has turned out to be another good year with wonderful dancers and parents. We appreciate you and your children so much!